HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 2:28 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
I just realized now that I had a third incident back on Thursday. I know this thread is about Downtown East Side issues but it seems like these issues are more common than ever outside of the DTES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
I walk back from the office late at night and try to avoid anyone I see on the sidewalks.
I read daily comments on Reddit from females living Downtown that have completely stopped going out after dark as all of Downtown has just become too dangerous of a place. This is so incredible to read as I always felt safe when I still lived in Downtown but things have clearly changed for the worse in the last 5 years and more areas have turned into a shithole.

There are also many comments of people fearing for their safety straight up moving out of Downtown and Vancouver due to violence and crime. Sounds like a new "White Flight" is taking place.

Last edited by Klazu; Feb 28, 2021 at 1:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:36 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.