HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 2:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
Thanks for the welcome! I was expecting the archives building to be taller, but oh well, it's better than the empty lot that was there before.

Also, it's funny, I used to work in Lancaster but don't anymore so I'm not up-to-date anymore with the different projects going on there. Doesn't look like there is a development thread for Lancaster though unfortunately.
Did you endure the grinding commute on 283 or take the train? A former coworker of mine, when I worked in downtown Lancaster, left to take a job working for a nonprofit in downtown Harrisburg. He lived in Lancaster city and would walk a few blocks to the train station, hop on Amtrak to Harrisburg and then walk a few blocks to his office. It has made me wonder how many people were using Amtrak between Harrisburg and Lancaster before Covid as a defacto commuter rail service.

I now work for one of the museums outside Lancaster so I miss seeing all of the projects going on in the city. Although, I do not miss driving through the city when it snows! Lancaster city is terrible at snow removal. Currently, my one coworker commutes from Hummelstown and she has many horror stories of commuting on 283 during bad weather or getting caught in the backlog from an accident. Just makes me wish Corridor One was not thrown into the trash heap of failed rail transit projects.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations