HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 2:04 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
To be fair, there's some points to be had here. Limited funds should be allocated to areas that need the most help and/or best bang for your buck.

Central Ontario region has some congested highways that could really benefit from some extra capacity, alternative routes or alternative transport like commuter rail.

The provincial highways in Southwest region don't really suffer from congestion all that much. The main aim of the 6-laning is safety improvements with the new concrete median, not capacity relief.

With all the cable barriers installed and the highway mostly reconstructed between Tilbury and London, I am surprised this project is progressing. I'd probably wait until the highway needs complete reconstruction again, which won't be for a few decades (hopefully).

I drive to Windsor a lot and the third lane would be nice, but many years of a 1-lane 401 will be needed due to the construction period.
Isn't congestion a safety factor? To argue one safety thing is worse than another is not good enough anymore. We need to look at the unsafe roads and fix them. You not going fast is not a good enough of a reason when there is an unsafe highway.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario