HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 7:40 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Ah there we go. Thanks for that. I'm sure the other upgrades I suggested will happen as well.

As for the Expos, I disagree they will not receive and public subsidies. I could actually see a minimum of $50 million each from the province and city and possibly closer to the $100 million each. We continue to see public subsidies invested in sports facilities today - Stade Saputo, expansion to Percival-Molson Stadium, Videotron Centre, Place Bell. A new baseball stadium will be no different. Further, I could also see a low or no-interest loan of another $100 - $200 million from the public to be reimbursed over 25 years with a ticket tax.

Example: 25 years * 25,000 persons per game * 81 home games a year *$2.50 ticket tax = $126 million

The owners could front $150 - $200 million of their own money while stadium naming rights could easily account for the rest.

Offhand, I think a new 35 - 37,000 baseball stadium will cost around 600 million.
I am still very skeptical of the public purse strings being loosened up for a new baseball stadium, but I will say this: if ever there was a time to make a pitch, it's under this CAQ government.

They're pretty open to funding various projects I find. At least, compared to the governments we've had in the recent. They're definitely not spendthrifts.

Of course, they can afford to be that way because the previous government left them with a financial house that was in good order.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada