HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 11:00 PM

Leonardos' Coffeehouse (Steubenville):

Steubenville's Nelson Family purchased a large historic building in Downtown Steubenville and has been working to revitalize it. The first floor has three retail spaces - one is the Steubenville Popcorn Company, the second is Drosselmyer's Nutcracker Shop (Due to Steubenville being known for their annual Nutcracker Village), and the third that just opened is Leonardo Coffeehouse and Renaissance Roasters. The upstairs floors will be developed into apartments as far as I know, but sadly there's not too much info on this project online.

This is one of the only photos of the building I can find.... The coffee shop is to the right of the Popcorn Shop, so it is blocked by a building in this photo:

This is the second coffee shop to open recently in Steubenville - before this year, Tim Hortons was the only coffee shop in town. Needless to say, this is a great addition to Downtown and will hopefully lead to some type of comeback. Fourth Street definitely has a lot of potential and historic buildings that could be utilized.

The inside of Leonardo's Coffeehouse:

Downtown Weirton Gateway Proposal:

I know Weirton isn't in Ohio, but it is a part of the Ohio Valley and is very connected to Steubenville, so I will include its development news in this thread from now on. The Brooke-Hancock Jefferson Planning Commission asked WVU architecture students to present ideas for Downtown Weirton improvements. One plan was a pedestrian plaza and food truck space at the "gateway" of Downtown Weirton.

Before and After:

New Lifestyle Center Coming to Wheeling:

More big news is coming out of Weirton! The city is starting to enter an upswing, most likely due to its proximity to Pittsburgh. The city received a $2.5 million grant to develop the 73 acre Three Springs Business Park. The first phase will be a lifestyle center style development. It will be centered around a roundabout and anchored by a convention center. The development will have 20 storefronts available and will hopefully bring 600 jobs. The developers hope to bring a modern shopping center to the Ohio Valley for people that do not want to go to Pittsburgh - this is likely a reaction to the near death of the Fort Steuben Mall across the river in Steubenville.

A basic plan for the new lifestyle center:

The development obviously isn't anything too special design-wise, but for the Ohio Valley, it is a pretty big deal. I'm not sure if Weirton has the retail demand to fill up this whole development though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations