Indeed, Ottawa although very much larger is similar to Moncton with the bilingual status and us the French population including moi is well aware of Simons. The Simons store in Ottawa at CF Rideau Centre is strong and doing well, just across the QC border. CF could see their Champlain location as an opportunity to replicate at a smaller scale. Simons can adapt in size and selection so perhaps we could get a smaller store with a somewhat smaller selection too. However, I do believe that a traditional department still has a place at Champlain and our Moncton retail market... For the record I biased towards HBC for several reasons, but I do like Simons also. I sure hope CF has a grand plan for this space and won't throw a whatever store in there; a second tier tenant, a tenant we already have in Moncton, a "filler" tenant or a tenant that won't bring foot traffic. Their recent track record in the past few years is not very exciting or on point...
Last edited by OUIR@random; Dec 8, 2017 at 11:17 PM.
|