HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
The Penguins have decided on the minority-owned developer which is going to be building part of of the Lower Hill project. Most salient quote...

Latest "master plan"

I'm not sure I like that the first phase is segregating the affordable and market-rate units - it defeats the whole purpose of mixed-income housing (which is to stabilize the development by avoiding concentrated poverty). It does look like the density in 1A is higher than they originally called for (I believe this was originally a townhouse area) I also like that they are (theoretically) building out the Centre Avenue side of the development first, because it will probably help move along new development in Uptown.
Phase 2 of the plan should be fairly tall structures since it appears there is proposed community open space directly below Phase 1A. Not a fan of having open space there either..

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations