HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2017, 4:41 AM
Dengler Avenue's Avatar
Dengler Avenue Dengler Avenue is offline
Road Engineer Wannabe
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Côté Ouest de la Rivière des Outaouais
Posts: 8,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
Where the did you see me say I don't want upgrades or a new bridge? I've supported a new, expanded crossing since the project was announced.
For the expanded crossing, I've always thought that we should just build a 2-laned bridge for buses ONLY and keep the tunnel. Given the frequency of 601, 620 and 351 (8 buses per hour midday, many per hour during rush hour), it should be worth.

On an unrelated note, I've always thought that allowing the trucks to access 99 from Rice Mill Road and vice versa will at least take some pressure off the interchange at Steveston Highway. I still remember the time when I was on the 401 heading to Silvercity and the driver complained that trucks jammed the intersection at Five Road and Steveston Highway really badly.
Update: Oops I just realized I didn't read everybody's comment here. Tbh I don't mind a replacement bridge as long as tankers don't come in. Environmental concerns have been around for a while.
__________________
My Proposal of TCH Twinning in Northern Ontario
Disclaimer: Most of it is pure pie in the sky, so there's no need to be up in the arm about it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:08 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.