As
reported by Isaac,
Stadler will be building their permanent plant in Salt Lake City, near the interchange of 5600 West and I-80. This is sort of sad for Clearfield, but not really. The land near that FrontRunner station was always better suited for residential TOD, which in time they will almost certainly get. It's also good news for me and anyone who enjoys my pictures, since now I will be able to go out there on regular bike rides and see what's up. It's also fantastic to hear that Stadler will
officially be staying in Utah, even though we knew it probably would be for some time now. This greatly increases the probability of UTA upgrading FrontRunner to double-track electrification and stadler EMU's, since it is now a political issue: "Put Utahans to work building trains for Utah!"
I will miss fun pictures like this one, though (not mine), of a UTA FrontRunner locomotive pushing a Stader Flirt through the train-wash at Warm-springs:
And to finish, here is a picture I did take, of the Jordan River Parkway bridge construction; the trail is paved up to the bridge ramps (except for the railroad crossing) and the bridge span has been completed so that it is no longer resting on the temporary shipping-container support. However, no work has been done on the arch structure, meaning it will probably be quite a while before the bridge is open to the public.