HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 3:52 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleton_Roadie View Post
I highly suspect we will lose 1 of the NB Sears, if not both and they would keep Halifax as a regional store.
There are some hot and heavy rumours out there that Simons will take over the Sears lease at Halifax Shopping Centre in 2018-19. This would fit in with HSC's aspirations of being the regional fashion mall for Atlantic Canada.

If this rumour is correct, then I agree that all Sears locations in Atlantic Canada will disappear. I think Sears would require at least three Maritime locations to justify the expense of maintaining the regional supply chain.

I really think Sears is in it's death throws anyway. If you look at the list of most recent announced store closings, it includes locations in some heavy duty regional malls (Avalon, Polo Park, Scarborough Town Centre, Pointe Claire). Sears isn't just cutting the fat now, they are busily sawing into sinew and bone as well........
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.