Posted Mar 12, 2017, 1:25 AM
|
 |
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,820
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPAR
If the green line is underground on 12th, the plan is to cross under the red line east of Macleod. That implies at least 5 more blocks underground from the corner of 2nd and 12th. Given that, I suspect the line could in fact be quite deep, and pass under any foundations as required. Also, as the tunnel looks to be several kilometres long, and go under the river, it is likely that a boring machine will end up being the most cost effective option. I would not worry about having to make a sharp corner.
If you want to read an example of tunnelling underground through density, look up the crossrail project in London, amazing things done there.
|
This is a good point. Thanks I will check out crossrail, it's quite the project
|