HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 10:00 PM
Wolf13 Wolf13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
But he's not doing his job in Costa Rica. He's not doing anything. He has very limited contact and takes some paper doc's with him to look at. So no he's not doing his job at all. That's my problem. The process stalls when he's unavailable. Has been noted in the press it's hard to get things done.

Then you say if Premier's at your BBQ, you'll tell him to get back to work. I'd tell you to take a hike and get back to whatever job you have. Being Premier doesn't been being on the job 24/7. You're allowed to have personal time just like anyone else. Except when your personal times is 2 months out of Province and you're not really working. That's where my issue is. .
And I can't recall the last BBQ I've hosted. But if I go somewhere longer than a weekend, it's weeks. And I'm actively working while away. I'm sure he is too.

Of course he has personal time, and although I could be wrong about it, I trust someone with his track record to better manage their work/vacation than Trudeau or Selinger.

The point was that everyone wants someone they can relate to, and they hate someone they cannot relate to if that person has money. The millionaire with a millionaire yacht spending time on his yacht is not relatable at all, and that pisses people off for some reason. But everyone neglects that it probably took immense work and genius to achieve that. Maybe the name of this Yacht is Costa Rica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
How much vacation time does the Premier have? Does he get 8 weeks? I don't think he does. So maybe half the time in Costa Rica is legit, the other half he should be back here working.

Pallister being a pompous 🞵🞵🞵 doesn't help his cause at all. If he was being pompous, but was at the Leg for work everyday, okay some leniency. Being pompous and out of province, while you're the 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 Premier, no leniency. For his 5 years in office, he'll be out of province for almost a full year on personal time Costa Rica.

I don't really think Pallister is great. But we'll see how he does over the next few years. Clarity, I hate politics and politicians. Look at the states. A bunch of monkeys voting for Trump. Donald f'in Trump. Biggest crook in the world that guy. How's that for politics.
Of course his pompousness doesn't help him. I thought it was hilarious how Harper toyed with a hostile media, but that backfired too.

I don't think he should spend that much time away, but I'd argue to wait and see how much he's able to get done anyway. After all, results are what matter.

I also readily admit I'm only allowing him that slight courtesy because he's PC, which is miles ahead of Selinger and the dippers... who I'd fault if he took a sick day. Because he and his party are useless fools steering MB into oblivion. Pallister isn't my favourite conservative either, but won't have any trouble outperforming his predecessor handily.

I'm no trump supporter, but if you cared about criminality or the law you'd have zero issues with Trump compared to the Clintons. They are the shadiest leaders imagineable. Trump operates in the grey areas, Hillary in the back alleys of the underworld.

Problem with Trump is that he's a 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:22 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.