HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2016, 12:16 AM
Beedok Beedok is offline
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Thomas View Post
I agree with getting rid of the speed bumps at Algonquin or at least reducing the size and number.

I think they could at least stand to cut down the number of bus stops that are near Algonquin College from 3 to 2. The 3 stops are Baseline Station, the one by walkway between the C and J buildings and the one by the Student Commons and Residence.

I'd vote for cutting the extra one by the C and J buildings. My anecdotal experience when I was going to the college was it was rarely used and half the time the 118 buses going west were full when they got there anyways. For this reason most students would purposely go to the Student Center or Baseline bus stops. All the stop really did most of the time was add an extra minute to the route when you had to wait for people to get on or off.

I'd be curious actually if redirecting the west bound 118 buses on Navajo and Woodroffe might make for a slightly faster ride rather than have them make than extra detour through the campus.
In my experience the C building stop was typically way busier than the Residence one, both for boarding and leaving.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:42 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.