HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted May 25, 2016, 3:32 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
I'm split on the unlimited height debate. I understand the desire for a really tall building, but I also understand the city wanting to have some control over what gets built there.

I like the idea, just as it currently is in the D-1, of height restrictions, but unlimited height with a conditional use, which is based on design of the building. I say apply the 375' limit on the block with over 375' as a conditional use based on design, and specify what some of those design requirements are, step backs etc, While it will be an additional step to go through conditional use approval, it will be laid out what needs to be included. Spelling those things out can make the process much easier to go through and a developer may be more willing to go through it if they know they will get approval.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:17 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.