HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2016, 9:18 PM
Liberty Wellsian Liberty Wellsian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by sock puppet View Post
300 West does have a landscaped median (between North Temple and Beck). They also added bulb-outs to several of the intersections, with more coming in Phase II. My understanding is that all the intersections in that stretch of 300 W will have the bulb-outs which make 300 W less of a barrier for the neighborhood.

On a side note, the 400 W apartments are looking HUGE. What a big project, and right next to the future hardware building development. I sure don't miss the dog kennel, horse stables, and run down warehouse on that corner.
I still think it's too large. It still has 3 lanes of traffic in each direction, left hand turn lanes, and parking on both sides of the street. That's 9 lanes worth of asphalt. I lived in marmalade for 3 years and I never saw traffic that I thought justified that much roadway save for maybe the LDS Church Conference. I suspect more and more attendees will be taking transit to that too so I say give it a diet. I like the bulb-outs but if we put that road on a diet we could still have them.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:26 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.