Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrical Storm
I'll post this here, as it's mostly a condo related topic. This is a question for SSPers:
I'm far more familiar with Vancouver developers and I find that what they build in Calgary isn't too far off from what they'd build in Vancouver. As the influx of Toronto developers (Minto, Fram, Lamb/Fortress, GG, etc.) begins in the Calgary market, how will their product differ from their hometown product and what will these developers contribute the city (both market wise and built-form/urbanism wise)...?
|
There isn't a prescribe model Toronto developers must adhere to. Buildings come in all shapes and styles. Shape depends on the height allowed and the geometry of the site. All about pushing density. Style depends on the developer and their relationship with the various architectural firms.
Vancouver developers tend to use local architects and build to Toronto specs. Maybe it's more a case of what's allowed in Calgary isn't too far off from what's allowed in Vancouver.