HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 9:57 PM
Simplicity Simplicity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Yeah the government should force TNSE to lower their beer and hotdog prices cause you were extored into underwriting the return of the league due to a lack of a referendum. I don't remember a referendum on subsidizing the IKEA coming to the city. I was extorted into subsidizing that without a referendum. Government should force them to lower their prices. Royal Winnipeg Ballet received government money without referendum. Extortion!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What utter nonsense.
Speaking of nonsense.

Look children, if you can't understand the nuance, then you can't have the discussion. Nobody once said anything about forcing the price of beer down except you and a couple of other dim-witted posters. And I understand that's because you can't easily grasp that concept, but it's not something that was ever up for discussion.

Subsidizing the ballet - a not-for-profit arts organization - couldn't be any more of a false equivalency, regardless of your incapacity to understand it.

But when P.T. Barnum made the remark that nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people, he was referring to people like you. And I'm happy to see you're impressed with yourself as part of this group because, like the Chipmans, I rely on your ignorance too...

If you're so upset about IKEA being subsidized, perhaps you should have made an effort to point that out to your councilor. But since it's evident you're not qualified to have the discussion, I'm not surprised you didn't.

Last edited by Simplicity; Dec 3, 2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.