HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2014, 3:45 PM
The Unknown Poster The Unknown Poster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Just to nitpick a bit...if you were to walk and get groceries on a fairly routine basis, your bags wouldn't be excessively heavy. Furthermore, if that's the lifestyle you live, you probably don't "stock up" on items, again lightening your load.

I live in an area that has two more or less full service grocery stores (food fares), and several smaller places within walking distance. However, we only shop there every now and again for odds and ends. The vast majority of our shopping is done by car at Superstore, by car.

I remember back in my single years (eons ago it seems) my roommates and I actually stole (or used full time) a shopping cart to take to and from the local walking distance supermarket. No one had a car then, but we still only shopped once a week, so you couldn't carry everything back.
When I was poor we lived in an apartment on St Annes and I took the bus most places. Walked more than I do now but to be honest, it just didnt make much sense in the winter. We'd bus to Sobey's and if we only had a couple of bags we'd bus back. If we were doing a big shop, we'd take a cab back. In the summer (and even cooler fall/spring) we'd walk to some places like the local movie rental place. But dead of winter? Very rarely.

I drive everywhere now. When I go to Superstore I admire the condos that are basically in the parking lot and say "that would be convenient. Id walk to Superstore every day." And the gf replies "Yeah but then we'd be living in the Superstore parking lot."
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:09 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.