Posted Aug 29, 2014, 8:43 PM
|
|
IMHO
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 882
|
|
I'm back from two weeks on the coast and was wondering what all the chatter was about in here all of a sudden regarding the excessive build for the SWRR.
I have to say, those two videos that set off this discussion have to be some of the worst PR I have ever seen for new highway construction. Look at all the trees we are going to wipe out! Look at the nice ditch we are going to put under the road for Elbow and Fish Creek! Look at the huge swath of space we are not going to build anything on at all.
Hopefully with further evaluation some of the infrastructure can be cut while still satisfying our contractual obligations / 20 year traffic needs.
Did anyone catch that on the west ring road, Crestmont is completely cut off on these maps? They'll all have to walk to downtown! I'm guessing they are going to re-connect going up the hill rather than running access right beside the TCH?
|