Posted Mar 28, 2014, 1:53 PM
|
 |
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 627
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateittoo
Give me one of our plethora of independent sub shops before any of them. Atlantic, queen, glow, mikes, buddies, Andy's, etc.
I know we don't want our downtown core filled with fast food and of course independent restaurants are preferable and are probably better for the local economy but I think that when larger franchises start filling up spaces it will be a good sign. It will happen before we get big name retail. It's also a guarantee to succeed in my opinion and can co-exist with the local businesses. I also think that it will make downtown more attractive to some when looking at new residential condo units. Again this is all opinion.
|
Agreed. The key is getting businesses to invest in the core. Franchisee's and indie's welcome. A nice mix is great.
|