Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan83
I wonder if it would make sense to have the fourth car of the new 4 car trains be more open, with few or no seats. Make it essentially only for cyclists and standers, iow. Then maybe the city could allow cyclists at any time of the day in that car. You’d need more polls and more straps from the ceiling to hang onto as well. I wonder if this is being done anywhere. It would help to promote cycling, and there seem to be lots of people who don't mind standing for several stops, and without the seats you may not lose much capacity overall. You'd lose some with the bikes but gain some with more standers. Just a thought.
|
I've been wondering the same thing. If it was up to me, the 4th car would have basically no seats but twice the number of doors. Make it easy to get bikes and strollers onto the train or really be able to cram people in when needed.