Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
I believe it's the proximity to the railway overpass that provides the constraint to what can be done for acceleration & deceleration lanes at the main entrance to Warman. The south entrance is actually much better with a sufficiently long acceleration lane (unfortunately not all drivers seem to know how to use it, but that's a different rant). Without work to the overpass, I question how much improvement we're going to be able to gain at the main entrance.
The Waneskewin intersection has a horrific record of serious collisions and fatalities. I believe that most of the issues there stem from the long lineup of traffic waiting to turn from highway 11 southbound to Waneskewin eastbound. Traffic on Waneskewin Road trying to head west across highway 11 can't see the ongoing southbound traffic until they are in the path of it. As a twice a day commuter through that intersection, I don't want to see traffic lights there, but I think that may well be the solution until an overpass is constructed to suit whatever the configuration is of the future perimeter road and north bridge. Currently I proceed with added caution through that intersection. Traffic lights will add some time to the commute, but if that's what it takes to reduce the carnage, then so be it.
|
my thoughts exactly, on both locations. Hwy11 & Central St/Ferry rd could use proper merge ramps and overpass over the highway. For Waneskewin it's too bad they can't just tunnel under the freeway to eliminate vehicles having to cross lanes on the highway, traffic signal will cause congestion, but it is worse to lose even one more life there.