Quote:
Originally Posted by Haligonian88
I don't see why so many people are so hung up on one, relatively small, blank wall, when the development as a whole is a great thing for the area and the city. As for whether or not the developer "cheaped out," why don't you email them and find out why it was done instead of making baseless accusations. They chose to invest a lot of money in this site, I would hardly call them cheap.
|
I don't need to email them and ask them why they didn't put expensive windows in a 16 storey wall facing a National Historic Site when they didn't have to. No one called them on it and they got away with one.
Here is a blank wall that was constructed in 1983 with the premise of someone building next door and hiding the cheap out. You be the judge of whether the blank wall is O.K. because the developer spent a lot of money in 1983 to build this building.
Blank Wall
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=halifax&hl=...twgkbtImR-xzwn-AwW2zw&cbp=12,325.42,,0,0