Quote:
Originally Posted by nname
And also, the underground Broadway line will relief the most heavily utilized portion of Expo Line, which would provide extra capacity for growth and expansion.
This report shows that by 2041, peak Expo Line demand will be:
- Do nothing: 23,104 pphpd
- LRT: 22,165 pphpd
- RRT: 18,981 pphpd
- Combo: 20,007 pphpd
That extra 3200 pphpd capacity over LRT option would be more than enough to absorb the extra ridership for the potential Langley extension of Expo Line (Surrey RRT 1A option).
|
Thanks for the link and finding that little factoid, I always knew trip diversion off the busy Expo line would happen but I did not realize it would be as significant. Of course I always thought RRT on Broadway would also increase ridership more through the network effect...but I guess most of the new trips would be from the SouthEast and not on the highest pphpd section of the line. If those numbers are accurate that is a huge factor in any Broadway decisions. Note that the do nothing option starts taking you pretty close to the 25,000pphpd number where expensive upgrades to the Expo line would be required.