Posted Feb 26, 2013, 2:38 AM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 190
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor
What time where you walking around, that all the bars/taverns were also closed? I know for a fact that while not overly busy, most of the bars downtown do a decent amount of business on Sundays. There just isn't a huge need for them to be open much earlier than late afternoon, unless they are one that serves food, such as Gracies, and Maxwells, or one of the other dozen or so bars that are open.
It's not as if nothing was open at City Creek, the full service restaurants (Cheesecake Factory, and Texas de Brazil, and Brio soon) are open on Sundays.
It's not as if nothing ever happens in Downtown Salt Lake City on a Sunday. The Gateway still does a fair amount of business, including all the restaurants and the theaters. Downtown does have occasions when there are large crowds gathered on Sundays, such as The Arts Festival, The Jazz Festival, the Pride Parade, and many other gatherings throughout the year. Of course winter is going to be less busy, but that happens in all winter weather cities in the US. Downtown Cleveland is much more quiet on a winter Sunday than it is on a spring summer of fall Sunday.
|
If you take the time to read my comments, I said the bars and taverns WERE open. I think you are being a bit defensive. Also, I thought the Cheesecake Factory would be open, so I walked over to it. Nope, it wasn't open in the late afternoon. Nothing on the CCC blocks, facing in or out, was open.
|