HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Dec 8, 2012, 6:38 PM
JM1 JM1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhuniau View Post
If nothing else, a smoother ride. Anyone else besides me notice how BAD OC Transpo drivers are getting at operating the velocitators and the deceleratrices?
I have to agree. I hate taking OC Transpo buses because they make me sick. They are full of fumes and they stop, start and jerk to the sides as they make their way through town.

Part of it is Ottawa roads, part of it is bad drivers, and part of it is stupid bus routes and too many stops. They need to lengthen the distance between stops to increase the efficiency of the system. Walk further people.

They also need to avoid buses going off of major roads and making little loops and detours through neighbourhoods.

I think people would take the bus more if it were smoother rides and more frequent service. I don't think people would mind walking an extra two blocks to a bus stop if it meant better main route service.

I know, I know. What about the old and handicapped... Well use some of the efficiencies to improve Paratranspo.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:30 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.