HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2011, 5:38 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,984
shadow_warrior,

I realize this was well said by NovaScotian but I think you need to understand the life of young people.

I work full-time at a minimum wage job, and I have to pay full rent for an apartment including all the essentials (food, power, etc). As a result I work up to twelve hours a day and spend at least two more on buses getting to and from work. I would love to attend stadium and development meetings but I cannot because my work life overlaps and I cannot afford to miss work at all, even when I am sick.

The reason I work so hard is so I can stay in Halifax and not resort to moving out west (most likely Calgary). I spend my time off of work not just on this forum but also doing volunteer work in Sackville, bike advocating in Halifax, and sending off dozens of emails trying to promote high-quality developments all across HRM.

I respect everyones opinions but what needs to be realized is just because a certain group of people aren't vocal that doesn't mean they don't care for the idea.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:10 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.