HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 1:14 AM
EdmTrekker EdmTrekker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,247
A follow up on some points below and question asked of me:

First some info:

From T3 where AC flies into - if you take the cheapest now fastest route to St. Pancras to catch the Eurostar: Piccadilly lines connects at T3 /central terminal at 10 minute intervals, takes 40-45 minutes into St. Pancras. Cost 5 pounds for the trip one way tube ride plus your Eurostar fare. Also faster is a cab - around 27 pounds or Heathrow Express Train into Central London and then a taxi. Eurostar to Brussels, Lille, AMS or Paris Gare du Nord: the fare to Gare du Nord at E39 which is damn cheap and takes 2 hours max (my exp). Also goes to CDG.

Flying out of FRA means $$$ as this is not a Low Cost Hub. Not as cheap as BA flying out of LHR. Obviously BA and the Airport Authority are subsiding BA flights into Europe big time. I usually take the second flight after arrival and after 8 trips have never missed it. AC out of YEG has been very punctual. Yes I often travel carry on - but not always and use GOOD wheeled luggage. You can take the airport bus no cost between terminals or walk or likely grab a cab. Plan. The time saving and the great fares from LHR to just about anywhere in Europe on BA make it worth it. YEG to LHR is INFINITELY quicker than any flight through YYC/YVR/YYZ. A flight on AT from YEG to LGW is an option and should be considered given the vast amount of LCC operating from LGW. I use LGW to fly on EJ but with a flight a week it is not convenient. Sometimes I stop and spend my first day in London via Piccadilly line and just unwind - and why not. A pint anyone?

I must say I am surprised at so many thinking FRA is the solution to everyones problems. Fares out of FRA are $$ as its mainline plus these days they are pushing you to user DB...even as the best option to get to Berlin. Duh. By now some of you know I have a love affair with Berlin and Paris - travelling frequently. That said EdmTrekker is well a home boy from Edmonton and my motherland is this City where I was born.

Couple web-links for LHR to Europe flights:

http://travel.heathrowairport.com/site/travel/flights?partnerId=8049&source=fltBAA_Ositelhr

http://www.flightmapping.com/UK/London/Heathrow/

and then there IS Gatwick - but what a 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 getting from LHR to LGW
http://travel.gatwickairport.com/site/travel/flights?partnerId=8050&source=fltAA_Ositelgw
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:00 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.