HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 12:57 PM
planarchy's Avatar
planarchy planarchy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
Having it close to SMU may also encourage SMU to contribute funds and vocal support.
I don't really have much to say in this discussion, but I would be cautious about putting too much focus on SMU. A stadium goes far beyond SMUs requirements, and while it would be great for their support, financially they probably have very little to contribute. Someone please correct if I'm wrong, but I've been told that SMU is struggling more than any other university in the province.

Also, when considering other sites, too much emphasis is being put on existing public transit. I am certain that wherever a stadium is built, public transit routes would be added to service it - at the very least, during regular events. So while a place on the peninsula may be ideal, I also think other sites in Dartmouth could be fantastic - specifically Shannon Park. And with current, although very preliminary plans, to develop a dense, green, ACCESSIBLE prototype community on this site, maybe this is place to be thinking about. I think there is more potential, more opportunities and more benefits for the region here than probably anywhere else.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:00 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.