HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


    Aqua in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2009, 5:29 AM
viewguysf's Avatar
viewguysf viewguysf is offline
Surrounded by Nature
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Walnut Creek, California
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
It’s amazing that such a nonchalant comment has caused such immature and defensive behavior. Some of you really need to tone it down and put things in perspective; I mean what did I really say to cause such uproar?

I do think that this building is out of place, and I do think that this building would be better suited on the coast of a Floridian city. That doesn’t mean that I dislike the building or have a perception that people who live west of the Appalachian’s are ‘hillbillies’.

Grow up!
I just returned home after a week in Chicago. After all of the great pics in this thread over an extended period of time, I found Aqua to be quite underwhelming. It doesn't stand out or add much to the skyline in comparison to other new structures on the scene. I can definitely see how it unified the neighborhood though as far as access and view go. The park next to it was stunning in its fall colors and the entire area is a gem now.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:52 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.