HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jun 11, 2009, 11:25 PM
snfenoc's Avatar
snfenoc snfenoc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Steve in East Sac
Posts: 1,143
You are absuletly right, wburg. The Bel-Vue does have a lot going for it, and I've always thought that it should be remodeled into middle income housing units. Some old buildings have really nice character that can't be duplicated by today's "mid century", hip, swingin' 🞵🞵🞵🞵-🞵🞵🞵, really ugly-looking style. I wonder how this Hilton hotel and garage (if built) will look in 20 years.

To me, this Hilton seems like a pretty ho-hum solution for the 800 block. The hotel itself is OK, but I'm with all of you - I don't like that garage. Not it's positioning, but the fact that it isn't wrapped in housing and retail. I don't mind garages as long as they don't become dead spaces. This has every indication of becoming a dead space. I WANT MORE HOUSING, DAMMIT!!
__________________
Sincerely,
Steve in East Sac
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.