I'd be curious to hear if any names have been attached to the proposed hotel on the former Superstore site. The article in the Leader Post not long ago seemed to indicate nothing is finalized there. I would expect if the hotel goes in there, it's going to be a knock to getting anything near the exhibition grounds. These hotels are coming from out of province and, with talk of economic downturns, I doubt multiple hotel companies are looking to expand in the same place.
Some good news on our economy.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by newstalk980
Regina recorded 4.9 percent growth in its gross domestic product. That's the second biggest increase last year of any metro area in the country. Saskatoon had the biggest, at 5.4 percent.
This year the forecast is tempered by what's happening to the global economy, but with major projects like the refinery expansion and the Global Transportation Hub a rate of 3.2 percent is still predicted for Regina, and 3.3 percent for Saskatoon.
|
http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20090119/11005
I had forgotten about the refinery expansion. Definitely lots going on.