Quote:
Originally Posted by babo
I do my best to avoid going downtown and I am very happy that work is not there. I am also happy that there this nothing of interest downtown that would force me to go there. More for you to enjoy.
I don't know about other cities of comparible size and maybe someone can enlighten me, but why is there no local bus service out to the airport?
There is no doubt that downtown Regina would be quite different from the way it is today were the railyard relocated. The reality is that the railyard downtown will never be removed. If memory serves me correctly, it's been put to vote a few times in the 1970s and residents have voted in favor of it, but the City has balked because the railways always wanted to share the cost of relocating north of the City.
Would I be willing to foot the bill for rail relocation to happen? No. While rail relocation would better Regina as a whole by removing a very physical barrier, such a project is tax money collected that I will see little benefit of. When voting, I keep my interests close to home. I'm certainly more interested in them repairing the 40-year-old asphalt in front of my house and maybe correcting the grading and drainage problems on the goat paths in the neighborhood.
|
If you don't like downtown, aren't you on the wrong forum? lol
And how do you know the rail yards will never be removed? Things were a lot different in the 1970's, and the city was quite a bit smaller (therefore didn't have as much money)
I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just saying that it is possible