HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2025, 2:48 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Senators' owner Michael Andlauer sends message to NCC officials

He also squashes rumours the Belleville Senators will move to Hamilton and says they're "here to stay".

Author of the article:Bruce Garrioch
Published Jan 10, 2025 • Last updated 53 minutes ago • 4 minute read


==SNIP==

Though Andlauer discussed a number of topics during the interview, he also took time to squash any talk the club’s American Hockey League affiliate in Belleville will be on the move.

There have been reports that Andlauer will sell the Ontario Hockey League’s Brantford Bulldogs in the coming weeks to Edmonton Oilers’ forward Zach Hyman and his family. Hamilton-based CHCH network reported that the deal was all but official on Thursday night.

“I’m not a social media but I get the feedback. Our media guys get back (to him) and when I hear things that are not right sometimes I like to speak up because I owe it to my fans,” Andlauer said.

The second part of the talk making rounds was that Andlauer would then move the Belleville Senators to Hamilton. He made it clear that’s not going to happen and wore a ‘613’ area code hat during the segment to let fans know he’s committed to making this organization a success.

In 2015, Andlauer purchased the OHL’s Belleville Bulls and moved that franchise to Hamilton. That’s not going to happen with the AHL team and he wanted to make sure the people of Belleville understood that.

“That’s why I’m wearing the ‘613’ hat,” he said. “Six one three is Sens’ country. It’s strategic to be in Belleville and Belleville is here to stay.

“As far as I’m concerned they’re great fans, very similar to what Brantford has in the OHL. Maybe some of the rumour (about selling Brantford) is true, but the one part that’s not true is that Belleville is there to stay. I’m looking forward to spending a lot more time in Belleville.”

The expectation is the sale of Brantford will be announced after it’s approved by the OHL’s board of governors on Monday.

https://ottawasun.com/sports/senators-ow...-sends-message-to-ncc-officials?tbref=hp
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:25 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.