HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Dec 2, 2024, 4:12 AM
peytol peytol is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoflyzone View Post
The full ILS on 16 at YLW is a restricted procedure. Ops Spec approval is required by Transport Canada before an airline can fly that approach. If you don't have approval, you are limited to a LOC only approach on 16, with higher minimums.

The RNP with the lowest minimums (RNP 0.10 accuracy) is a restricted procedure as well. Same for the lowest LPV minimums (251ft). So there are definitely benefits of having these certifications, even if you can fly the ILS.

By the way, YYZ and YVR have RNP AR approaches as well, so PD can benefit from those. YUL doesn't have any.
Yes, but pretty much everyone with an AOC in Canada can fly that rcap ILS. My point is more that that before the RNP 34, AC, Jazz, Encore, Horizon (not sure if they can even do RNP in Canada) and Flair flew to kelowna for decades with minor issues. So I think not being able to do RNP would be a funny reason to not fly there.

I have flown the RNP into YYZ and they are great about an early head up, but I'd imagine it's a tiny percent of arrivals doing it. YVR's doesnt link up with the STAR by several thousand feet last time I looked at it, so effectively useless and I've never heard of anyone doing it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:07 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.