HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 7, 2024, 4:50 AM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
This is what standardization will fix, the plans are already there and you just need to follow them, no need to start all new, and if there is any doubt just go look at the other stations built with the same layouts.

as for how we can get this done i figure Transport Canada, Metrolink or CDPQ Infra could come up with DETAILED design standards and hope the rest of the country adopts them.
Could you elaborate on that idea? I'm having trouble following how standardization relates to the part I was discussing. I was referring to how when cities go for extended periods between projects, it may require new labour to be hired, new organizational structures created, etc. Perhaps standardization would prevent them from having to design the next project from scratch. But how would standardization force cities to provide continual project funding so that as one project winds down, another is immediately ready to ramp up? That seems more like a political rather than a technical issue unless I'm missing something.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada