HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 11:09 PM
Doc Love 3.0

Yup. If I were a true optimist I would say it’s an opening to build out a new wing of the Lansing skyline towards the Grand River. I’m not a pessimist though but I thought Grand Rapids when I saw the placement and with GR’s sold growth they still haven’t rationalized their skyline.

I’m glad to see a major project in the works (hopefully) with the goal of getting state workers to live downtown. I really want to say that this could jumpstart a new phase in development in downtown Lansing, I want to see it happen. I’m not overly familiar with the in’s and outs of the state of play in the city but there’s definitely potential to be unlocked.

Not trying to be down on the city it’s made great strides over the past couple decades & I don’t doubt we’ll keep seeing more good news, of that I have no question. I just really what city leaders and developers to understand just how important it is to get a project like this the first new skyscraper in decades right.

Smh this is probably going to scare Ann Arbor into downsizing its next few tall proposals. You let developers build one tall awkward building in the 70’s and it ruins it for every skyscraper enthusiast who wants to see a tall balanced skyline built in Michigan, lol.

Gil Scott Heron - We almost lost Detroit - 1966 Fermi 1
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cpNUqNe0U5g

Last edited by Velvet_Highground; Mar 11, 2024 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Typo

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest