HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Jul 22, 2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
You will be forced to sell lower if all your competitors can sell lower than you. Might as well pack up and leave the development business if you insist on selling at "market value".
If the market price drops, that is the new market price. That's why we're waiting on the sidelines right now for condo projects so we can sell at a price that covers costs. In fact getting rid of the lower QE viewcone has allowed a fiends condo project to exits at all. I'll be keeping an eye on what they market for.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
96 replies = "mountain of rage" The deluded world of thinking in your little echo chamber.
Also, the media is running with THE most over-used phrase in its headlines: OUTRAGE...

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
If the market price drops, that is the new market price. That's why we're waiting on the sidelines right now for condo projects so we can sell at a price that covers costs. In fact getting rid of the lower QE viewcone has allowed a fiends condo project to exits at all. I'll be keeping an eye on what they market for.
Our "market value" is artificially inflated with the limited developable lands and municipal height, zoning and other restrictions. Hence, with all these removed, competition can actually lower prices. Viewcones is one major obstacle.

However, like I said before, we missed the best time to build more, while suburb cities have been more successful in doing this. Construction costs post-Covid, mortgage rates and the dwindling economy make it harder now.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues