HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jun 29, 2024, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddieB View Post
I'm happy other people feel the same way about the False Creek streetcar (as if there isn't already Skytrain a few blocks away). I hope they don't turn Arbutus into streetcar either, that corridor should really be skytrain or another fast rail that goes to Richmond and New West.
The existing trolley bus route has way more than enough potential capacity to handle everything in that corridor for at least a few more decades, especially if the residents in the area are even just moderately successful in resisting higher density.

A future day may well come that we need rail in that corridor, but it will be long after my time is done. In the meantime, having the city continue to preserve the right of way is all we really need.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2024, 11:07 PM

Quote:
I'm happy other people feel the same way about the False Creek streetcar (as if there isn't already Skytrain a few blocks away). I hope they don't turn Arbutus into streetcar either, that corridor should really be skytrain or another fast rail that goes to Richmond and New West.
It was a decent idea ten years ago... then City Hall decided to water it down to a $1 billion oversized trolley bus that may or may not even get the old ROW.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2024, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
It was a decent idea ten years ago... then City Hall decided to water it down to a $1 billion oversized trolley bus that may or may not even get the old ROW.
it will still never happen. TransLink is legally the only entity allowed to run transit in the region, youre not allowed to compete with them. unless that changes, CoV cant run their own. and TransLink has no interest in the streetcar idea. and i doubt the other cities would be cool with funding a CoV thing only. Canada Line barely survived because if only went to 2 cities.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2024, 4:21 PM

Is that true? Then how does the Q to Q ferry or the water taxis along False Creek work?

Old Posted Jun 30, 2024, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Is that true? Then how does the Q to Q ferry or the water taxis along False Creek work?
False Creek Ferries are a private operation while the Q to Q is a municipal service, neither directly compete with a Translink service so they are allowed.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2024, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo604 View Post
401 pages of discussion for project that hasn't started construction yet...
Page 402 has absolutely nothing to do with the Surrey Langley Skytrain Extension.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure