|707 Wilshire Boulevard|
Los Angeles CA United States
|Floor Area||116,128 m²|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - landing pad|
| - sign|
| - modern|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
• Architect: Charles Luckman, Luckman Partnership Inc.
• Owner: Transwestern Investment Company.
• Others: Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Standard Parking.
• Building Size: 1,028,852 sq².
• Building Class: A.
• This it the tallest skyscraper in California from 1974 to 1990 and tallest building west of the Mississippi River from 1974-1982 surpassed by the JP Morgan Tower in Houston, Texas. Tallest in los angeles until the completion of US Bank Tower in 1989.
• On May 4, 1988 a fire started on the 12th floor, injured 40 and killed one person. The fire destroyed 5 floors.
• 7 out of the top 10 Skyscrapers in Los Angeles have logos on top, The Aon Center has a history of logos today it says "Aon" on top.
• In the past the Aon Center was called the First Interstate Tower, Wells Fargo Tower, United California Plaza, and 707 Wilshire Blvd.
• An extra 579-cars garage, which is located on 637 wilshire boulevard and which is connected through a tunnel to the 243-cars garage under the tower.
• A center elevator core, with 3 stairs' shafts, mechanical floors on floors 4, 5, 22, 42, 61 and 62 and cafeteria on 6th floor and restaurant on 60th one. Each floor has area of 1626 m².
• Phorio Entry
• Wikipedia Entry
• Google Search