HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 10:22 PM
BANNED

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 1:03 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: bleak

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 9:43 PM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/2020/03/09/h...-to-cost-2-6b/

Hudson Yards district’s newest office tower to cost $2.6B
Boston Properties and Moinian Group put development price tag on 3 Hudson Boulevard

March 09, 2020
By Rich Bockmann

Quote:
The next skyscraper to rise in the Hudson Yards neighborhood will cost nearly $2.6 billion to develop when all’s said and done.

Three Hudson Boulevard, which will stand 56 stories when completed, will have an all-in development cost of $2.58 billion, developers Boston Properties and the Moinian Group disclosed in a public filing.

The partners revealed the price tag in an application they filed with the New York City Industrial Development Agency to make payments in lieu of property taxes for the planned 1.8 million-square-foot tower at 400 11th Avenue.
Quote:
The developers in January released a new design for the tower, the last of four major projects on West 34th Street in the Hudson Yards neighborhood to get off the ground.

Nearby, Tishman Speyer is several floors out of the ground on The Spiral, where tenants including Pfizer and Debevoise & Plimpton have signed big leases. The Related Companies has finished and opened 55 Hudson Yards, and is at work constructing 50 Hudson Yards, which is anchored by BlackRock.

Facebook also recently took about 1.2 million square feet at 50 Hudson Yards, and is reportedly in talks to lease more space at Vornado Realty Trust’s redevelopment of the Farley Post Office nearby.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 11:24 PM
BANNED

I wonder if they're building this on spec. I think that this design looks great.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 11:45 PM

I'd have to see it up close but the fact that it now will be a supertall( if barely) and the redesign, while not perfect is a lot better makes for some good news. Only wish there were a tower tall enough to stand out, but if that's not what is possible or practical at the moment, at least this area is filling up nicely in the range around 1,000 ft.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 2:35 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
I'd have to see it up close but the fact that it now will be a supertall( if barely) and the redesign, while not perfect is a lot better makes for some good news. Only wish there were a tower tall enough to stand out, but if that's not what is possible or practical at the moment, at least this area is filling up nicely in the range around 1,000 ft.
Yeah, it's another giant. I think we've become somewhat numb to height in NY, but a near 1,000 footer with this much bulk would dominate most places. This one will be visible from (and haven open views of) the river for years to come. I hope it turns out nicely, even though it looks average. The setbacks help it stand out some, and I like the lighting.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 3:04 PM
Ω

It looks fine. Not a head turner.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2020, 9:53 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Mar 17, 2020, 11:53 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 18, 2020 at 12:03 AM.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 12:54 AM

God damn it I thought that design was coming back

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 7:36 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

this is an excellent, sleek and very well designed building. modern bland, but quality.

more than out of the box designs, i do wish somebody would break the self-limited or market-limited height barrier we are seeing in hy. i guess it would take a ‘1500 tower to be a boss though.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 9:43 AM

This tower originally started off win a fantastic design that was shortened and value engineered into something depressing, then lengthened again and overall is winding up much better. Not ideal, still bland to a degree but considerably more stylish. I agree with those though who say that a signature tower is needed to complete the West Side, a real stand out at least in the 1,400-1,500 ft range. Are there any more possibilities to fit the bill?

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 11:54 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
a signature tower is needed to complete the West Side, a real stand out at least in the 1,400-1,500 ft range. Are there any more possibilities to fit the bill?
Anything is possible, but that would require a developer specifically pushing for such. That's not what's going on here. The zoning was allocated to allow for the large office plates that are hard to come by with new construction in Midtown. The buildings are as tall as they are because that's the way they are built now. It's why we're basically getting a canyon of supertalls without any real runaway giants.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Anything is possible, but that would require a developer specifically pushing for such. That's not what's going on here. The zoning was allocated to allow for the large office plates that are hard to come by with new construction in Midtown. The buildings are as tall as they are because that's the way they are built now. It's why we're basically getting a canyon of supertalls without any real runaway giants.
Hopefully one day in the not too distant future there somehow finds an opening for such a tower, but for now I would concede you're right. One thing though... what about the property once brought by Frank McCourt... I think it would be 360 Tenth Avenue.... once some supertall residential/ possibly hotel combo was speculated, any idea what might go there?

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 5:33 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
what about the property once brought by Frank McCourt... I think it would be 360 Tenth Avenue.... once some supertall residential/ possibly hotel combo was speculated, any idea what might go there?
That one has varied, but I think it's too soon to say for sure just what will rise there now. For anything in the 1,400 ft plus range in the near term, I would look to midtown proper.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 6:07 PM

Quote:
That one has varied, but I think it's too soon to say for sure just what will rise there now. For anything in the 1,400 ft plus range in the near term, I would look to midtown proper.
Yep... especially in the Midtown East zone.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 7:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Yep... especially in the Midtown East zone.
And possibly the Penn District...

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 8:14 PM

Quote:
And possibly the Penn District...
yep... either the replacement for the current Hotel Pennsylvania or one of the new towers in the new plans for the Penn Station area could fit the bill very nicely. Perhaps more than one!

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 8:46 PM
Ω

Ah... NYGuy...

Seeing those renderings of that previous great design is so disappointing.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 9:32 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
Ah... NYGuy...

Seeing those renderings of that previous great design is so disappointing.
i know what you mean, but im not disappointed at all. its because there seems to be a high quality cold war going on between these hy area developers. high end is its own style.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction