HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 2, 2009, 12:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
He lives in denver
True, but he's posting on a Phoenix forum.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 2:19 AM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
True, but he's posting on a Phoenix forum.
i was bored.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 4:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snodrifter View Post
i was bored.
Don't get me wrong, you're always welcome here. I'd like to see more outsiders read up and post things going on in Phoenix.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 4:31 PM

I wouldn't, especially if their from Utah. Those people kind of creep me out. They have small hands and smell like cabage.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2009, 3:52 AM
BANNED

First of all GO CARDS!!! Anyone watching this shit? Fuck you brett favre u fag!!

Haha im drunk but anyway they are showing a lot of shots of downtown and the *light* from cityscape is on so they are probably live or at least in the past 4 days. Anyway lots of aerial shots and some over I-10 looking SW.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2009, 11:59 PM
them bones

What the hell are the Diamondbacks doing? Edwin Jackson & Ian Kennedy? And you're going to give up one of the most live young arms in the game (Scherzer) to get them? Let's hope this deal doesn't get done...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4725108

Old Posted Dec 9, 2009, 12:28 AM

It already did.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2009, 11:15 PM

Woohoo! I'm finally employed, after six months of pain!

As of today, my long period of pain and deprivation is over. I finally got the call to duty about 10 am this morning. You are looking at the new Director of the Lawyer Referral Service of the Maricopa County Bar Association. Woohoo!

I start Friday, and the benefits kick in on January 1. Thankfully, this came just in the nick of time, because I was just about out of money and January was looking really grim.

I must thank the law school, particularly retired judge Penny Willrich and my first law school professor. She was the first black female judge in Maricopa County. It was her glowing recommendation of me for the position that allowed me to obtain it in the first place.

--don

Old Posted Dec 9, 2009, 11:23 PM
BANNED

congratulations.

Same word of adivce I've been giving to everyone... don't fuck it up because there are a thousand other people in line for your job who will do it cheaper.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 7:28 PM

Just thought I'd throw this out there...a few of our friends from other sites like Yelp and Twitter are getting together next week on Thursday night for Happy Hour at The District to play board games. Don't know if any of you guys are into them or are looking for a social activity but I thought I'd offer it up. I have a wicked transit planning game called Cable Car that some of your may like. http://www.yelp.com/events/phoenix-u...ght-happy-hour

EDIT: URL fixed. thx Hoover

Last edited by glynnjamin; Dec 10, 2009 at 8:06 PM.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 7:35 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by glynnjamin View Post
Just thought I'd throw this out there...a few of our friends from other sites like Yelp and Twitter are getting together next week on Thursday night for Happy Hour at The District to play board games. Don't know if any of you guys are into them or are looking for a social activity but I thought I'd offer it up. I have a wicked transit planning game called Cable Car that some of your may like. http://www.yelp.com/biz/barrio-canti...-grill-phoenix
Is it anything like "Ticket to Ride"? which is a game about cross country train building, that one is a lot of fun.

Also is that the right link? I dont see anything about board games or the District, its people talking about a Mexican place by PV Mall.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 7:43 PM
BANNED

I still like the anti-social versions of games like Sim City 4 and RailRoad Tycoon.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 8:08 PM

Ya, it is sort of like ticket to ride. This one, however, you get pieces of track in different forms and have to place them to connect your cable car departure station to the arrival station or power station.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/58602/cable-car

I have one called Power Grid that is more like Ticket to Ride but is heavy in market forces and economy.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2651/power-grid

If you wanted to come and bring Ticket to Ride, I've been dying to play it.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 9:51 PM

^Im going to try to convince my buddies to go, one of them is the fellow who owns all the games we play, he's got well over a dozen, so hopefully he'll come and bring some. The only one I own is the basic set of "Settlers of Catan" which is quite fun.

Also Im not on Yelp (or don't have an account anyhow) or Twitter, so if you wouldn't mind posting the time whenever its settled upon that would be most appreciated.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 10:05 PM

Hoover - we should play Settlers some time. We ALWAYS need a third. The happy hour starts at 4 and runs till 7. I think most people will be there around 5 though. We'll play till we are too drunk or tired to do anything else. I'll post an update on here next week.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 11:47 PM

According NG we are worse than Detroit

It looks like the National Geographic Network is going to give Phoenix the ol’shaft job this weekend. They’re going to air a “documentary” called Narco State. I just saw an interview with Lisa Ling and she essentially is equating Phoenix to Jaurez, Mexico. This is coming from the same network that sensationalizes street gangs in Utah, and Anchorage, Alaska and attempts to make them sound as dangerous as the mob. Tabloid journalism can suck balls, all this is sensationalist reporting. I live here. Am I missing something? Are there running gun battles through downtown that I’m not seeing? WTF? She must be upset she didn’t get all the attention her sister did when she got caught trying to sneak into North Korea. Either that or they must be out of Tiger Wood hoes to report on.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANUC View Post
It looks like the National Geographic Network is going to give Phoenix the ol’shaft job this weekend. They’re going to air a “documentary” called Narco State. I just saw an interview with Lisa Ling and she essentially is equating Phoenix to Jaurez, Mexico. This is coming from the same network that sensationalizes street gangs in Utah, and Anchorage, Alaska and attempts to make them sound as dangerous as the mob. Tabloid journalism can suck balls, all this is sensationalist reporting. I live here. Am I missing something? Are there running gun battles through downtown that I’m not seeing? WTF? She must be upset she didn’t get all the attention her sister did when she got caught trying to sneak into North Korea. Either that or they must be out of Tiger Wood hoes to report on.
You have to remind yourself that people who work in TV 'news' aren't hired for being smart, or well educated, informed, witty or any other reason that may make sense. They're hired because they're charismatic and by far most important, pretty.

Once you go in with that mind set, you can pretty much ignore the buffoons and watch them on mute and enjoy their perfect smiles while you watch the crawl of sports scores and the stock ticker along the bottom of the screen.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynnjamin View Post
Just thought I'd throw this out there...a few of our friends from other sites like Yelp and Twitter are getting together next week on Thursday night for Happy Hour at The District to play board games. Don't know if any of you guys are into them or are looking for a social activity but I thought I'd offer it up. I have a wicked transit planning game called Cable Car that some of your may like. http://www.yelp.com/events/phoenix-u...ght-happy-hour

EDIT: URL fixed. thx Hoover
I hate twitter and board games. I'm also anti-social.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2009, 11:27 PM
I like this much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
Don't get me wrong, you're always welcome here. I'd like to see more outsiders read up and post things going on in Phoenix.
yeah, it's cool to read up on stuff and think back to when i was at ASU.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2009, 9:55 PM

I went downtown today for a walk, between the Public Market, a Tamale Festival on Washington, events going on at the Symphony Hall and Herberger things were looking pretty lively. Still far too many closed on the weekend retail spots and eateries, but it was encouraging none the less, it was hardly the complete ghost town it wouldve been 5 years ago.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest