HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckets View Post
Strictly speaking, the only place they're potentially losing money by not finishing "early" would be the retail/commercial and mall component of the project - where they're the de facto landlords, and are paying property taxes on those units and the mall.
And there's obviously no incentive to try to rush that part of the project and just to risk running into liability or bad PR issues if something goes wrong as a result.

That should also clue you in as to why the Rentals were moved in to their units and tower before you, the owners, were.

"Pre-sale" 'deposit paid' implies that they're going to get their money from you regardless of when they finish those market units and move you in.

There is many reasons to get done on time. As Shape is paying a huge monthly fee on interest also they are paying huge overhead. The owner wants to get his money out sooner than later.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 2:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0-care5 View Post
Floors 28-30 have their walk through on the week of March 23-27.

It was much earlier than I expected, i thought my floor would get their walk through in April-May.

Any questions you guys want me to ask?
Pleas ask them why not hire more people to speed up the walk thru.? Since it does not take a ton of skill to show people around. Many units are just cookie cutters of each other anyway. This should be really part of their customer relation anyhow, and I doubt it will cost them a lot of money.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairnstone View Post
Adding Geothermal Does not add much to the scope. Is there no cooling in TAB? Be it ground source heat or attaching to a District energy is the same. its just pipe and heat coils. The issue alot of times in the build is the structural design.
None of the TAB towers has cooling as in air conditioning. TAB was marketed in 2014 , at that time AC in condo was not in high demand. Subsequent to then AC almost become a must have feature in new condos. You will be surprise how hot it can get in condo in the summer , because condo do not have cross breeze as in houses, and condo windows are tiny.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 5:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarBreStr18 View Post
None of the TAB towers has cooling as in air conditioning. TAB was marketed in 2014 , at that time AC in condo was not in high demand. Subsequent to then AC almost become a must have feature in new condos. You will be surprise how hot it can get in condo in the summer , because condo do not have cross breeze as in houses, and condo windows are tiny.
Ignore this, found my source and I was wrong

Last edited by burnaby91; May 12, 2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: incorrect info

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnaby91 View Post
That's not true. Tower 3 and onwards was already announced to have AC included
My mistake , I didn’t know T3 has air conditioning. Good for you guys.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairnstone View Post
Adding Geothermal Does not add much to the scope. Is there no cooling in TAB? Be it ground source heat or attaching to a District energy is the same. its just pipe and heat coils. The issue alot of times in the build is the structural design.
Think you over simplify the process, adding reliable cooling to a 55 storey is no small feat. Anyway the issue here is not just a geothermal system , the issue is how SOLO can get their OP in a timely manner. They too are building a complex project.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Think you over simplify the process, adding reliable cooling to a 55 storey is no small feat. Anyway the issue here is not just a geothermal system , the issue is how SOLO can get their OP in a timely manner. They too are building a complex project.
Here's a list of Appia's residential developments including SOLO District.

As far as I know, here are all the residential projects previously developed by Shape Properties.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnaby91 View Post
That's not true. Tower 3 and onwards was already announced to have AC included
Where did you read this? They told me there is no AC in T3 when I bought it

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
Here's a list of Appia's residential developments including SOLO District.

As far as I know, here are all the residential projects previously developed by Shape Properties.
Ahhh.... inexperience!!! Perhaps also explains why Shape fires Rennie Marketing and train its own team which made a mess, and Shape still involved in a law suit with Rennie. Also explains Shape missed the golden window for marketing T5 at the same time as SOLO markets its T3, which was at the peak of the market and sold out within days. Since then there is a real estate market correction, and now with this virus thing , it will be a long long time before Vancouver see real estate back to her glorious days again. When Shape came into the condo market, I am really impressed with its vision and therefore I invest in TAB. But I hate to say Shape wrap its head around big dreams and neglect the obvious which should be selling condos. Build condos and fill them. People is what make a project successful. People will attract retails. With the right mix of retails, buyers will come. If Shape set its priority right , there wont be multiple delays. Many of you will disagree with me, some want to shoot me ..... but please be polite. This is a forum for discussion and sounding board, not a battle field.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2020, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Ahhh.... inexperience!!! Perhaps also explains why Shape fires Rennie Marketing and train its own team which made a mess, and Shape still involved in a law suit with Rennie. Also explains Shape missed the golden window for marketing T5 at the same time as SOLO markets its T3, which was at the peak of the market and sold out within days. Since then there is a real estate market correction, and now with this virus thing , it will be a long long time before Vancouver see real estate back to her glorious days again. When Shape came into the condo market, I am really impressed with its vision and therefore I invest in TAB. But I hate to say Shape wrap its head around big dreams and neglect the obvious which should be selling condos. Build condos and fill them. People is what make a project successful. People will attract retails. With the right mix of retails, buyers will come. If Shape set its priority right , there wont be multiple delays. Many of you will disagree with me, some want to shoot me ..... but please be polite. This is a forum for discussion and sounding board, not a battle field.
I would not throw Shape under the bus yet. Its not like they just found a pail of money and bought several malls and redeveloped. They are part of pension plan money that has been building and developing for years. The name Shape is new but the people behind the seens have been in the business a long time. Ellis Don has been building Canada since the 50s.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2020, 5:03 PM

Quote:

I think if you're so upset and disappointed with Shape's performance and results, you should just do the logical thing and sell up and invest your money in a unit elsewhere with a different (more established?) developers.

More than likely you will find that delays and set-backs are all part of the deal when it comes to development, and I suspect that part of you knows this fact to be true, even if in the back of your mind.
Otherwise you would have already 'cut your losses',....as it were, and to the degree that you feel like there any, and moved on.
The fact that you haven't means that you know the grass is not always greener on the other side, and it also suggests that you nevertheless still see the value in the project and the investment.

This isn't so much a criticism or even a judgment (even if it may read like that). Just more of an observation.
Eventually you will move in and either all of this will be forgotten, or more likely you will find a thousand other new things to complain about.

Such is life.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2020, 9:18 PM

Shape is a very reputable company...for building malls

This is their first time ever building homes. The inexperience definitely shows. That said, even with a few extra headaches thrown in, they've done a good job.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2020, 11:11 PM

I bought in T3 and no it does not have AC. Loughheed tower 1 originally was not going to have AC when it was released in 2016 but after some requests it was added to the project. Brentwood however does not have it.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2020, 11:13 PM

Just got our 7th amendment. Anticipated completion date is between May 1, 2020-July 31, 2020.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2020, 11:17 PM

Does anyone know what the property transfer tax is based on?

Is it the purchase price we originally paid (ie. on the Purchace of Sales agreement we signed back 5 years ago)? Or the fair market value at the time we get possess ownership?

I'm getting some conflicting information about this:

- My notary is saying it will be based on the fair market price at time of land title transfer (but how do we get that number formally)?

- On the other hand, the BC gov website is saying the PTT will be based on the amount you paid to acquire the property (PTT on pre-sold units)

So which is it?

PS. Tangeray: Thanks for sharing your images of your walk-through.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2020, 12:42 AM
victory in near

It should be based on what you actually pay for it.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2020, 5:47 AM

Question for T1 residents, is there anything in the strata bylaws about putting string lights on the balcony? I really want to, but some places don’t allow it.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2020, 9:21 AM

Hi Guys!

For those who have already gone through their walk throughs, have they said anything with regards to the waitlist for a second parking stall?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2020, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbt4me View Post
Hi Guys!

For those who have already gone through their walk throughs, have they said anything with regards to the waitlist for a second parking stall?
how much is it?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2020, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbt4me View Post
Hi Guys!

email their general inquiries address to request a second parking spot

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley