HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Aug 9, 2010, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_from_kamakura View Post
hm, i think you underestimate the importance of food in many folks' travel universe. personally, i'd even go so far as to suggest that much or even most of what's unique about vancouver, for the vacationer, is culinary.
Agree here too. Even if Vancouver isn't quite the foodie paradise it's trying to build itself up to be, it's something we should be nurturing. Of course there should be more to a place than just the food. But it's not a one-or-the-other choice.

Some people eat to live, and others live to eat. I grew up in a family of live to eat people. It took me many years to realize that some people, while they can appreciate good food, just don't find eating all that interesting. They'd just be as happy eating a McDonalds hamburger.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver