HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Aug 27, 2009, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x View Post
I think they would paint the ceiling, there's no way they'd leave it as is.
...or so you would think....

Old Posted Aug 27, 2009, 8:24 AM

When I went to go watch the Super dogs show it appears that the ceiling is covered in curtains completely. The exterior is looking bad though, just needs some new paint and some lighting on each of those blocks that line the outside of it.

OffTopic:

does the PNE seem a lot slower this year or what? The booth where I work business has been slow, and I work at the busiest booth too.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2009, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechMike View Post
When I went to go watch the Super dogs show it appears that the ceiling is covered in curtains completely. The exterior is looking bad though, just needs some new paint and some lighting on each of those blocks that line the outside of it.

OffTopic:

does the PNE seem a lot slower this year or what? The booth where I work business has been slow, and I work at the busiest booth too.
Interesting! The last time I was there, which was about a week ago, there was only the one end of the ceiling that was covered (it's been that way for a year or so)... glad to hear it looks like they've started on it.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 1:21 AM

I don't know what you guys were looking at but the ceiling has no curtains of any kind covering them. Are you guys sure it wasn't just the curtain used to block off the upper deck of seating in the building? Cause that hangs from the ceiling

Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniaturesnickers View Post
Any idea, EastVanMark, if anything will be done with the ceiling? It's half painted and looks absolutely terrible. I've heard conflicting info about it, so.
Let's just say I wouldn't bet the farm on it happening. And even if anything does happen, it certainly won't be anywhere near as grand as what has been rumoured on here.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 4:11 AM

I fear you may be right, EastVanMark, although I wouldn't say wanting it to be "painted" qualifies as grandiose hopes.

People were just hoping for a fresh coat of PAINT!

Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastVanMark View Post
I don't know what you guys were looking at but the ceiling has no curtains of any kind covering them. Are you guys sure it wasn't just the curtain used to block off the upper deck of seating in the building? Cause that hangs from the ceiling
I'm at the PNE everyday and I know, the whole ceiling is covered, even above all the lighting fixtures inside, I know what your talking about, as seen in the first pictures but the entire ceiling is covered.

Interesting enough I don't think they will paint during the PNE as paint fumes are horrible (it's already smokey enough in there as it is)

I'll take pictures sooner or later.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 9:29 AM

double post

Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechMike View Post
I'm at the PNE everyday and I know, the whole ceiling is covered, even above all the lighting fixtures inside, I know what your talking about, as seen in the first pictures but the entire ceiling is covered.

Interesting enough I don't think they will paint during the PNE as paint fumes are horrible (it's already smokey enough in there as it is)

I'll take pictures sooner or later.
Can't wait for those pictures since I was there yesterday and it was completely uncovered. The only thing i can possibly think of is that they might have temporarily put a tarp under the ceiling since the roof that was re-done recently started leaking. The company that fixed the roof were called back to repair it and only finished the work the other day.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 9:46 PM

Alright, since we have two people who see the Pacific Coliseum constantly (or thereabouts) and they apparently see two ENTIRELY different things, is there anyone who can post a CURRENT picture? Pretty please.

This cannot be the mystery it seems to be. And if the exposed and shabby-looking ceiling can be covered and removed that quickly, why not just cover it for the Games?

What gives?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2009, 8:56 AM

Didn't go in there today or yesterday so as Mark said It could be undone, I'll take pics of the bathrooms in the morning before PNE opens to the public. shhhhhh

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver