HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 11:34 PM

agreed... nice vision.. too bad Walmart was too quick off the draw...

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post
3) Exiting from 4th floor I wanted to go to the 417... saw a sign "417 turn left"... followed on only to be met with the choice of "Bayshore" or "Woodridge"... where did 417 go? Circled around again and eventually found another way to the 417.
They put up the 'final' signage, that will make sense (hopefully) when the entire garage is open. Sadly it is misleading and annoying until that happens.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 1:53 AM

If Bayshore is struggling, it's because of the parking garage.

I went there with my family and wasted a lot of time trying to find a spot, and then wasted even more time trying to get out. I just wanted to go east on Richmond. We vowed never to return (we probably will return, but will avoid it if possible).

The absolute worst-designed parking garage imaginable. Seriously, whoever redesigned it should never be allowed to make a blueprint again.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 4:31 AM

I use to curse that parking garage until I found a magical way to avoid all those
strange turns and signs. I enter the parking lot from the 417 and head straight for the roof! So simple! And the roof is always at least half empty! Coming back down I follow the signs for Richmond Rd, and then head back to the 417.

It IS a horrible garage. I recall being there last year, wasting about 20 minutes going in circles, unable to find a spot, and then wasting another 10 minutes trying to get out (I proceeded to go to the Rideau Centre). But the solution is the ROOF. And if you approach from the 417, the road leads you straight to it!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 12:24 PM
Living With My Mother

Yeah. I concur on that roof option. Oh my god, the humanity of that parking garage.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
I still think it was a missed opportunity that they didn't move the Bay to the east end of the mall, especially now with the abandoned Target. If only they could rotate the mall 180˚, the food court would have worked better if it were closer to the Transitway station with direct access, and provide future expansion and full integration when the LRT is built out this way.
I have always, since they started the expansion, have been going over it in my head as to how they could have done that. It is pretty crappy that they have a three floor tennant that is a wall to their only expansion. And that part of the parking garage is now ground level parking, likely because there will be no expansion unless the Bay leaves, or closes.

As for the parking structure, I find it really easy to navigate. There is ample sinage, and if you follow them then you will eventually make it to the ramps, exits and of course parking spots.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTrains View Post
As for the parking structure, I find it really easy to navigate. There is ample sinage, and if you follow them then you will eventually make it to the ramps, exits and of course parking spots.
There may be "ample" signage... but it doesn't lead people where they need to go. It was my FIRST visit to the garage, and I got lost and frustrated trying to find the ramps... and given the serious congestion on the first floor, and relative emptiness of floors 2-5, I suspect my confusion was not alone.

And as per my previous post... "exit to 417" was followed by "exit to Richmond/Woodridge" with no indication of the necessary turn to actually get to the 417....

Ample - yes... Adequate - No.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTrains View Post
...As for the parking structure, I find it really easy to navigate. There is ample sinage, and if you follow them then you will eventually make it to the ramps, exits and of course parking spots.
I concur. On my dozens of visits post-expansion I have had exactly zero issues navigating the parking garage.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
I concur. On my dozens of visits post-expansion I have had exactly zero issues navigating the parking garage.
Ditto. I just follow the arrows and have never had a problem either. I've always been able to enter and find a parking spot as well as pull out and make my way out within a couple minutes. There must be something people are doing wrong if they're having these issues.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa89 View Post
... There must be something people are doing wrong if they're having these issues.
Well... duh... I stated above it was my FIRST time in the garage. If I had been through it "dozens" of times, and was pre-aware of all the tricks (i.e. enter on 5th floor), I'm sure I'd be a lot more adept at it

Point is, I was not alone in my confusion (i.e. ground floor pandemonium)... and others in this thread seem to concur with this opinion.

I salute all you Bayshore Parking Garage meisters I hope I work up the nerve to try it again

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 1:00 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post
Well... duh... I stated above it was my FIRST time in the garage. If I had been through it "dozens" of times, and was pre-aware of all the tricks (i.e. enter on 5th floor), I'm sure I'd be a lot more adept at it

Point is, I was not alone in my confusion (i.e. ground floor pandemonium)... and others in this thread seem to concur with this opinion.

I salute all you Bayshore Parking Garage meisters I hope I work up the nerve to try it again
I have driven to Bayshore a dozen times since the garage was reopened, always entered it on the ground level, and not once have I seen where the ramps are located. They can't be very obvious. Thankfully I haven't needed them though, as I've always found a spot on the ground floor. The parking spots are very tight, and there is a concrete pillar next to a majority of them, making getting into and out of the spots tricky, not to mention opening your car door once you are in. I concur with those who think that this isn't a well-designed facility.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 6:42 AM

Yeah I'm not sure what state of mind the individual(s) who designed that parking garage + the signs was/were in.

Even if they put up the sign for the 417 access for some future not yet complete parking garage exit, that's a poor decision because of that fact that the exit doesn't exist right now.

I have to circle the parking garage multiple times trying to find the exit because of all the one way routes and misleading signs.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2015, 12:20 PM

Stopped by Bayshore at lunch again yesterday and mall wasn't very busy, kids are obviously back in school.

There is a new store called ivivva besides the soon-to-be-open Hot Topic on the 1st floor. There are way too many cell phone accessories shops/kiosks.

I am afraid Moxie's may be the next one to go. It used to be busier before but I swear everytime I walk by these days, there aren't too many people in. It is kind of on its own on the 3rd floor in a little corner and with the parking brouhaha, not too many people park on the roof so visibility may be an issue.

and let's face it, many people (guys) come to Moxie's for the eye candy but this one is more family-oriented, as it should, for this location.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 2:37 PM

I have to agree, the supporting pillars are far from ideal. Espcially the one that blocks vision to the left on the ground level entrance. I understand why there are so many pillars, but man, the could have done something to make them less of an obstruction.

I cant wait to see the finalization of the third phase of the garage, should be better, but then again, you never know.

Also, I found it interesting that the parking garage that used to cover The Bay is now just a parking lot, so perhaps there is something in the works to expand in that direction? Nothing that I have seen though.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citydwlr View Post
Looks like Pinkberry is officially coming to Bayshore. I noticed a sign on some scafolding on the 1st level beside the 3-level escalator (where Telephone Booth - or TBooth - used to be). Not sure if that is the final location for it, but the sign said "Pinkberry : Coming Soon". Another first for Ottawa!
Pinkberry will be opening this week according to their Twitter feed:

Quote:
@PinkberryOttawa

#Pinkberry is coming to @BayshoreOttawa Nov 5! You won’t want to miss the free samples at the grand opening event!

12:32 PM - 28 Oct 2015

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 1:54 PM

So turns out the entire garage is opened now. It didnt make things better, the exit ramp in the new section is fucked. You get to the bottom of the ramp to exit the structure and you have to turn hard right between two pillars that are built right up to the curb. Sure its 10 feet wide, but it is not a nice experience.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 12:25 AM
National Capital Region

tenant fit-up permit for Walmart issued

Nice photos from Lost Ottawa - 1986
https://www.facebook.com/LostOttawa/...92569970842227

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 5:29 PM

Walmart Opening

According to Bay Councillor Mark Taylor's Facebook page, a post dated December 19th says that Walmart is slated to open on December 28th. I have not been able to confirm this at any other source.

I apologize but I couldn't get a link for the actual post.
https://www.facebook.com/GoTaylor.ca/?fref=ts

Old Posted Jan 8, 2016, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelKazan View Post
According to Bay Councillor Mark Taylor's Facebook page, a post dated December 19th says that Walmart is slated to open on December 28th. I have not been able to confirm this at any other source.

I apologize but I couldn't get a link for the actual post.
https://www.facebook.com/GoTaylor.ca/?fref=ts
I was at Bayshore today and WalMart is still not open. The former Target space on the 3rd floor is still boarded up.

Star Motors has opened a temporary showroom, with 3 cars on display, on the 1st floor, across from H&M.

There are still a number of vacant spots on the 3rd floor and even on the 2nd floor. I'm now used to the parking so this is no longer a pet peeve

Old Posted Jan 8, 2016, 3:22 AM

I went to Bayshore a couple of times during the Xmas rush and again found the garage to be very easy to navigate, with clear signage and plenty of spaces, even while the mall was extra busy.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs