HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 8:56 PM

Lakefront Road, Dartmouth

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 1:00 PM

It's a lower income area but it's not bad. I grew up around the corner from there and as far as I'm aware there's not a lot of crime or anything. The apartments are old military housing so rents are reasonable and it's also right on a major bus corridor. It seems like a mix of immigrant families, NSCC students, single parents, and other people who just need reasonably-priced housing.

Maynard Lake is actually one of the nicest lakes in Dartmouth. It's really great for skating.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 1:25 PM

I've been taking my son to basketball games at the new Dartmouth South Academy. What a nice school. Seems like a great design, at least as far as I can see. Should be a magnet for families to the area.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 9:56 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I was just looking at random spots on google street view and the look of this place kind of caught me by surprise. I grew up in Halifax but I very rarely went over to Dartmouth .

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 12:50 PM

I lived there for a couple years while going to school at Dal. It was cheap and the apartments were warm, clean and in good repair. Getting across the harbour late at night was difficult and there wasn't much close by that would have let me have a social life close to where I lived.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 7:54 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Skated many times on the lake as a teen. Had friends living there. The new school that replaced Southdale is impressive. It should be important for anyone thinking of moving in that area with kids. Not much late night options since Robins closed but Penhorn shopping plaza isn't that far away. As per crime...I never saw anything.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General