HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 8:32 PM

New Gatineau Police Headquarters [975 blvd Saint-Joseph] | Proposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Another possible site leaked to media. Near the A-50 and St-Louis exit.

https://www.fm1047.ca/nouvelles/5430...PWesBVQhOK1flw

It seems to me this area can flood every couple of years though.
I think I know which one you're talking about (one owned by Brigil that was offered for the arena, or the one with the car dealership that was rejected?), but that's not the one they are showing on the link. That one quite far from the river in the Du Barry district.

Certainly would provide great access to the A-50, but I don't think paving over a park will fly. St-Louis would be my preferred choice if there's a way to mitigate flooding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
BTW I don't see a problem with having a police station near a homeless shelter, but maybe I am just weird. (The Byward Market in Ottawa should have a police station, in fact.)
There's an immense distrust of the police. I can understand why vulnerable populations would prefer not having a symbol of pression near them.

For me though, at least on the Guertin site, it seems a police station would waste valuable space.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs