HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 16, 2023, 8:25 PM

Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by citywatch View Post
The social, cultural nature of LA/socal is interesting, including the way that ppl have lived in it through the decades & the type of devlpt that has been aimed at them. Among cities throughout the US & world, LA in general can be described as sui generis, its own animal.
Its own animal indeed, which is why I don't compare it to other cities, though many people do, and many seem to wish that LA resembled other cities.

Don't get me wrong, I think LA could stand many improvements.

To quote Zenmaster Shunryu Suzuki: "Each of you is perfect the way you are... and you can use a little improvement.”

That can be applied to cities as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLA View Post
This place is right around the corner from where I live. Spectrum news did a really good review on Gasolina a few years back so my wife wanted to check it out. They have expanded and moved to this location just a couple of blocks from the original one. At the time I believe it was only opened until 2pm, and mostly served breakfast type of food. It was okay IMO, but my wife liked it more than me and she would often pick up an order to go. I just thought it was a little over priced for what you get, but that seems to be the case for most trendy places in Woodland Hills.

Although I will say the bread and butter platter looks delicious, for some odd reason I also looked at the butter and thought of molded cheese, but still I would love to try this as I a sucker for bread, thankfully I have more self control as I’ve gotten older and rarely eat bread. Nice photos as usual, thanks for sharing.
Thanks!

I didn't realize it started out as a breakfast/lunch/brunch place. We thought the food was good; yeah, it's kind of pricey but we thought the tasty food and good service was worth it. The staff are all nice. Hehe we were talking about how they should open a location in South Pasadena so we wouldn't have to drive so "far."

I rarely look at Yelp reviews because I like forming my own opinion (and I never make any Yelp reviews), but looking this place up yesterday on Yelp, I saw that most people like the place; a common complaint is the fact that they automatically add 20% gratuity to your bill. I actually don't mind that, it saves the trouble of having to figure out the tip.

That bread and nori butter was indeed good; maybe you could try eating there again some time, if not for a full meal, maybe for a midday snack or something.

~ Charles Bukowski

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos