HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 3:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
that reminds me -- question -- is google going to build on the empty north lot next to their new hudson square building, or wat? is there a timeline?
I wonder if that was included in the sale. I thought that that was going to be residential.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 3:31 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I wonder if that was included in the sale. I thought that that was going to be residential.
if you can find out please do post any news. gracias!

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 6:10 PM
New Yorker for life

NOV 4, 2021

Onebicon will replace another in this view…

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 6:12 PM
BANNED

THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
NOV 4, 2021

One icon will replace another in this view…
Dang looking at Metlife and the Chrysler Building, they look so big from this view. And knowing that both of them will be dwarfed by 175.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Onebicon will replace another in this view…

Nah doesn't even come close. Besides Hyatt is a lot taller, so you will be looking up as well as down. That angle is arguably the best view out of Vandy simply because it is so unique.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 7:53 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

those pics are a good reminder to get up in one vandy while we still have this view.

the cornball 'experience' of it turned me off, but i guess i'll have to do it lol.

does anyone know -- if you go can you go back at night like that on the same day?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 2:08 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
those pics are a good reminder to get up in one vandy while we still have this view.

the cornball 'experience' of it turned me off, but i guess i'll have to do it lol.

does anyone know -- if you go can you go back at night like that on the same day?

You can reserve online. I definitely have to go back in the daytime hours.

More pics here...
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=61

It will be very interesting to watch the demo and rise from this angle...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Nah man, it's great.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 3:59 AM
New Yorker for life

On the agenda for tomorrow's Council hearing...

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 4:03 AM
BANNED

Is tomorrow’s meeting the last hoop that the developers have to jump through before they raze this PoS?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 4:10 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Is tomorrow’s meeting the last hoop that the developers have to jump through before they raze this PoS?
I believe tomorrow is just the Council hearing. The vote will probably come at a later date (they have until the first week of December), but I'm not familiar enough with Council practices regarding these things. It's going to pass either way, it will just allow us to celebrate officially.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 4:21 AM

Quote:
I believe tomorrow is just the Council hearing. The vote will probably come at a later date (they have until the first week of December), but I'm not familiar enough with Council practices regarding these things. It's going to pass either way, it will just allow us to celebrate officially.
Well that's annoying. But whatever, this is in the bag. Nobody in their right mind is voting this down. You couldn't ask for a better proposal. Also off topic, but it's nice to see the NoHo/SoHo plan going through.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 4:56 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
Well that's annoying. But whatever, this is in the bag. Nobody in their right mind is voting this down. You couldn't ask for a better proposal. Also off topic, but it's nice to see the NoHo/SoHo plan going through.
Yeah, a lot of things are going through. Tomorrow's agenda was cut short, an earlier version included 343 Madison and some other projects. There's a lot on the table these days because covid caused some delays, and a lot of developers wanted to get their projects through before the end of the year.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 5:21 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
Did you mean 2800ft+, or 2800's? We can't be sure that NYC will still be around in the 29th century!
2800+ feet of course

And true.. unless something goes very very wrong, most people and activity in our civilization will be in software space by then. The benefits of ditching our bodies (million+ fold increase in speed of thinking, speed of light travel time, ability to make copies of onesself, etc) are irresistable to such an extent that the only things that could prevent us from doing so are extinction, a complete civilization collapse, or unprecedentedly severe cultural stagnation.

My guess is that by the 29th century, most of the world's large buildings will have been disassembled for safety reasons, and NYC will be inhabited by a small population of biological humans who, in their era, will be the equivalent of the Amish in our era today. The ESB and Chrysler, however, will almost certainly be there. After all, uploaded humans won't be aliens, they'll be our descendants, so they will very likely still have an appreciation for world heritage, just like we do now.

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 8:34 AM
BANNED

Quote:

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 12:20 PM
New Yorker for life

This proposal won’t be among the controversial proposals today, and should move forward without any problems.

https://www.thecity.nyc/platform/amp...cts-to-council

From SoHo to Gowanus to the Upper East Side, de Blasio Legacy Projects Hit Crossroads
Plans to rezone parts of Downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn are headed to the City Council Tuesday. So is the NY Blood Center’s proposal to build a life science hub on East 67th Street — a project poised for approval despite the local lawmaker’s objection.

By Greg David
November 8, 2021

Quote:
… the battle over the New York Blood Center’s plan to build a 16-story life sciences center on its current East 67th Street site threatened to upend Council tradition: The zoning subcommittee is expected to approve the proposal against the wishes of local Councilmember Ben Kallos (D-Manhattan).

… City Hall and Councilmember Brad Lander (D-Brooklyn), the comptroller-elect, are wrangling over how much money the de Blasio administration will commit to spending to improve nearby public housing developments to win Council approval of its proposed rezoning of the polluted Gowanus neighborhood.

The rezoning, scheduled to be voted on by the Zoning and Franchises subcommittee Tuesday, would spur the building of up to 8,000 new apartments, along with shops and parks, and help with the cleanup of the Gowanus canal

… And the subcommittee will hold a potentially contentious remote-only public hearing Tuesday on the de Blasio administration’s plan to rezone SoHo and NoHo to authorize 3,200 new housing units in Lower Manhattan as well as overhaul a cumbersome process for approval of retail stores.

The rezoning and Blood Center proposals are expected to make their way to the full City Council for votes. If OKed, the measures would be sent to de Blasio for final approval.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 7:57 PM

Wow I didn't realize how close this will be to One Vandy! I'm not from New York so I'm not too familiar with the streets but it will be crazy seeing two behemoths side by side

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurk View Post
Wow I didn't realize how close this will be to One Vandy! I'm not from New York so I'm not too familiar with the streets but it will be crazy seeing two behemoths side by side
Yes, this will be right across from 1 Vandy. Only GCS is in between them. It's a very prime site for development due to the transit access.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 8:03 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Yeah, but will it be weird if they put a 1,800’ tall tower in front of GCT?!?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals